Saturday, December 4, 2010

Water Me

Ever since I can remember remembering I have been interested in water.
My earliest memory is I am squatting in water at Wild Waves in WA state U.S.A
When I was little I took swimming lessons and I do not remember being afraid (except for being cold) at all and I swam pretty good.
Another memory is walking on a bridge with my dad and lilies (like below) were in the water and frogs too. I wanted those frogs SO bad!!( I never Caught one and my dad wouldn't) 
I've only been in a boat once or twice and the first time I looked over the edge ( with help from my dad ) and in the water there were whales or some other water mammal (I don't remember)
About two or three years ago (from writing this post) I started to keep the cheap gold fish and feeder guppies in the little dinky bowls I bought myself. back then I didn't even know fish could get sick; and none of them lived more than two months (now I know that they were not well taken care of)
one time during this period ( at the time some cousins lived with us) I was on vacation with my mom and my cousins were taking care of my goldfish and it died while I was gone and my cousin Clayton said it was fun to see it go down the toilet. you can probably Imagine how angry and sad I felt at the same time. 
Then about two years ago I said; "I want to breed Guppies!!" This was my list of supplies:
1. 2 male guppies
2. 4 female guppies
3. 7 inch by 10 inch fish bowl
But the guppies kept dying on me! Luckily the pet store let you bring in a fish that died within thirty days and get a new one.( I later learned that they are Tropical fish and really can't live in cold water fish bowls)
Then I looked up online and It said; "guppies need a ten gallon fish tank to breed in. so, for Christmas Santa Claus gave me a ten gallon fish tank. That was last Christmas. I have been in my fish-keeping hobby for almost three years and I have learned many ways to keep my fish out of fish grave yard. (the toilet)

2 comments:

Aaron Kibbie said...

I remember that hike, it was a trail in Kent Washington at Lake Fennwick where a portion of the trail is on floating docks in the lake's bullrushes. It is very beautiful when the lillies are in bloom.

When you looked over the edge you saw Orca. We were in Pudget Sound and riding on a ferry. You were very excited.

Love you,
Dad

Robyn said...

Thanks for letting me know. I was too young to remember the detales

Post a Comment